A Tryst with Infertility
A Memoir of Hope and Courage
Author Neena George who hails from Kottayam, Kerala has done her Masters in English Literature. With three decades of experience in being a Lecturer at a junior College to Ground Staff of an Airline followed by entrepreneurship stints at New Delhi and Koch where she has taught Abacus, Vedic Maths, and Life skills, Neena is a ‘Life Transformation Coach,’ an NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Trainer, an Orator and Speaker who specializes in healing relationships and helping infertile couples.
GLiterARTi Book Club interviewed Author Neena George on the occasion of the Launch of her book
How and why did you decide to write your memoir and relive a tumultuous time?
Having gone through infertility for almost 9 years I wanted to help infertile couples cope with stress. The objective was for them to destress but also to sensitize their social circle about this issue All of us relate to stories, so I thought the best way to reach out to society is through a story and that’s how I decided to share my story with the world to sensitize society about infertility and thereby help such couples.
What has been your writing process like? What were the challenges you faced?
It’s been a year-long project and I went into systematically. I had decided on the structure of my book as to the number of chapters and I then went on to decide the order in which my chapters should be. My pain points were addressed as first the victim state followed by my solutions – empowering state, then my victory, and finally my message to be conveyed through the book. So, I divided chapters accordingly and named each chapter. Finally, I put my thoughts into the respective chapters.
Share some highlights from the book as a message for your readers.
Of course everyone should read this book but I want to share a few quotes that I love the most :
- Clinging on to things of the past that didn’t go in our favor does not give us any scope for improvement.
- Don’t live your life impressing others, live your life impressing yourself.
- I love the waves not because they keep rising and falling but for the fact that every time they fall they rise again.
- Without a bad phase, you will not be able to know how great the good time was and vice versa.
- You are not one person but three, the one you think you are, the one other people think you are and the one you are.